Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my Indiana return electronically, and I paid the amount I owe via DORpay with a virtual postmark receipt 4/17. The tax form shows nothing. Do I mail the coupon?

When I e-filed my Indiana taxes, I used the link from your form to pay my taxes electronically, which took me to https://dorpay.dor.in.gov/ where I paid the $5.00 I owed. Then I continued with your form after notifying you that I had paid electronically. No bank information was supplied on the form. I have a payment confirmation number and a payment locator number on a receipt that shows a "Postmark Date" of Tuesday, April 17, 2018. The receipt says,

"Please write down the following number, which is your Payment Locator Number (PLN): xxxxxxxxxxxxxx It is extremely important that you save this number for your records. You can use it to check the status of your payment in DORpay. Thank you for using DORpay!"

Then I printed the electronic filing instructions. The Electronic filing instructions are confusing. Do I need to mail the coupon today? If so, what information should it have with it? (There is no place on the form for a PLN from DORpay. Will I need to file IT-8453OL? If so, when? It seems I don't need to file anything, and I only need to sign and hold the IT-8453OL for my own records.

If I need to be mailing something, please let me know today, so I can do it without incurring any penalties. (This is my first experience filing taxes. All of this is strange to me.)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I filed my Indiana return electronically, and I paid the amount I owe via DORpay with a virtual postmark receipt 4/17. The tax form shows nothing. Do I mail the coupon?

If you already paid your balance due you don't need to send in the payment form today. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies