Solved: I filed jointly for my wife and myself and my son as a dependant but my son, 15 years old, also worked in 2017. Can I use my turbo tax account to help him file a 1040EZ?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
u307253

I filed jointly for my wife and myself and my son as a dependant but my son, 15 years old, also worked in 2017. Can I use my turbo tax account to help him file a 1040EZ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyC
Level 7

I filed jointly for my wife and myself and my son as a dependant but my son, 15 years old, also worked in 2017. Can I use my turbo tax account to help him file a 1040EZ?

No, if you are using the online program, then you need to make him a separate account with a unique username (you can use your email address however).  If you attempt to use the same account, it will override any information you have entered for your return and it will be lost.  You should be able to create him a Free Edition account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnthonyC
Level 7

No, if you are using the online program, then you need to make him a separate account with a unique username (you can use your email address however).  If you attempt to use the same account, it will override any information you have entered for your return and it will be lost.  You should be able to create him a Free Edition account.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings