Solved: I filed jointly for my wife and myself and my son as a dependant but my son, 15 years old, also worked in 2017. Can I use my turbo tax account to help him file a 1040EZ?

u307253

I filed jointly for my wife and myself and my son as a dependant but my son, 15 years old, also worked in 2017. Can I use my turbo tax account to help him file a 1040EZ?

AnthonyC

No, if you are using the online program, then you need to make him a separate account with a unique username (you can use your email address however).  If you attempt to use the same account, it will override any information you have entered for your return and it will be lost.  You should be able to create him a Free Edition account.

AnthonyC