turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rjrhlevis

I entered the wrong SS Number for my wife. It got rejected. I corrected the SS number but when I print the return, the wrong SS number still shows

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I entered the wrong SS Number for my wife. It got rejected. I corrected the SS number but when I print the return, the wrong SS number still shows

First, if you just filed, you need to wait until the IRS (and state if that was filed)) accepts your tax return.

Then wait another 24 hours

Then...........Carefully get back into your 2017 tax file.

1)  You do that by clicking on "Add A State" just below the state showing in the left panel.

*****That doesn't do anything but get you into your 2017 file.  Do NOT change anything.

2)  then go to the left side and go into the "Tax Tools" menu to find the "Print Center"  print out or save your tax return PDF file that way to see what's in it.

Don't be tempted to change anything else in your file

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

First, if you just filed, you need to wait until the IRS (and state if that was filed)) accepts your tax return.

Then wait another 24 hours

Then...........Carefully get back into your 2017 tax file.

1)  You do that by clicking on "Add A State" just below the state showing in the left panel.

*****That doesn't do anything but get you into your 2017 file.  Do NOT change anything.

2)  then go to the left side and go into the "Tax Tools" menu to find the "Print Center"  print out or save your tax return PDF file that way to see what's in it.

Don't be tempted to change anything else in your file

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies