Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

corve11e

I e-filed a state return and the software (downloaded deluxe) says 19.99 is the fee. I was charged more why? Are these fees originating from the state?

I have a downloaded version of deluxe and in the software it says the e-filing for additional states is $19.99 (after the first one), but I was charged $24.99 for each occurrence and I e-filed 4 state returns.

I called turbo tax and spoke to Nicole and she explained that the state e-filing is set by the state...is this correct?

She also explained that after March 1 the state e-file charge goes up due to "beyond the promotional period"....is this correct?

Very surprising the software, that is updated every time you use it, surprises you at the end with higher than expected fees for state e-filing.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I e-filed a state return and the software (downloaded deluxe) says 19.99 is the fee. I was charged more why? Are these fees originating from the state?

TurboTax state e-filing fees do increase each year, typically in March.  This is NOT a state-mandated increase; this is a TurboTax price increase.

You can always avoid a state e-filing fee by printing and mailing each state return.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies