Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I e-file my return with Turbotax. I got rejected with code IND-181-01. I follow instruction to log in Turbotax account. I don't see "fix my return". How can I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

I e-file my return with Turbotax. I got rejected with code IND-181-01. I follow instruction to log in Turbotax account. I don't see "fix my return". How can I do?

You probably need to open up your return. Does it say 'pick up where you left off?'  What are you seeing when you log in?

Follow the steps here to correct the rejection.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the reply.  I follow the instruction to log in the TurboTax account. I see nothing about "fix my return" or the "pick up where you left off". It only shows three paid programs to re-start new tax return. Nothing is related to what I completed information in TurboTax app. I have used TurboTax to file tax return for three years. I don't see any records in the account. Don't know how to do the next step.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If you received e-file reject code IND-181-01, it's because this year's IP PIN was missing from your return.

To resolve this, start by finding your 6-digit IP PIN:

• This will be on the CP01A letter you received in December or January for your 2023 taxes. PINs for prior tax years won't work
  • If you lost your letter or never received one, retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS website
  • If you're unable to retrieve your IP PIN online, you can have it reissued (allow up to 21 days)

Once you have retrieved your PIN, select your version of TurboTax below for instructions:

TurboTax Online

TurboTax Desktop

TurboTax Mobile App

TurboTax Live Full Service

Note: Because your IP PIN is issued by the IRS, for your protection, TurboTax does not have access to it.

@hkchuang-yahoo-c 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies