Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

caitlinpeach007
Returning Member

I don't know where to enter the IHSS tax exempt for IRS

My friend's situation is a little different.  She received a W2 but boxes 1 & 2 were zero while 3,4,5,6 & 14 had amounts.

The recipient lived with her 24/7 so it is exempt.  How does she enter the W2 information in Turbotax?

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

That W2 with zeros in box 1 and 2 does not get entered into TurboTax.  There is no taxable income nor income taxes withheld.  It is purely informational letting her know that social security and medicare taxes were withheld and paid on her behalf. 

A copy of that W2 went to the social security administration to update her social security contributions.  No action is required with that W2.   

Did she receive a round three stimulus payment ($1400)?  If not, she can file a tax return to get the recovery rebate credit for the missing stimulus payment. Here is an IRS FAQ with more information and help with filing options. 

If she did receive the stimulus payment and if there is no other income, then there is not a requirement to file a tax return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ricky-L
Returning Member

Go to this web site 

print the paperwork,  Live-In Self-Certification Form (SOC 2298) for live in certification and follow instructions for filing paperwork to exempt yourself from receiving a W-2 in the future. 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies