Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't have a 1099-R this year, but turbo tax keeps returning me to the tax home screen to complete it. I have deleted the form, but it still pops up. So frustrating!

As stated above, I don't have a 1099-R this year, I keep entering that I don't but I am returned to the Tax Home screen, preventing me from filing. I have gone through the Tools menu to delete the form, but this doesn't do anything. Thank you for your help.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I don't have a 1099-R this year, but turbo tax keeps returning me to the tax home screen to complete it. I have deleted the form, but it still pops up. So frustrating!

To delete a Form 1099-R -

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

As stated above I have deleted the form, multiple times.

Did you use the procedure I posted to delete the form?

Yes I did, I just did it again with the same results

There may be other forms that were carried over from the 2022 return, if you had a disaster recovery payment in 2022.

The Form 8915-F Worksheet and the Form 8915-F along with the Form 1099-R were transferred from the 2022 tax return and need to be deleted.  There may also be a "Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions" and/or a "2020 Disaster Distribution" form listed that has to be deleted.

Are any of those forms listed?

Thank you for the suggestion but I have never had to claim these, I also checked and there are no forms there to delete. Only the 1099-R, which will pop up again after I've deleted it.

My only other suggestion would be to clear your tax return and start over which should remove this problem.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2023 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies