Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

blb2010

I do photography part time and I send my pictures overseas to get edited. I pay the company via PayPal. Do I need to send the company a form of any kind ?

Do I need to have them send me a form so I can use the editing services on my taxes and do I need to send them anything with them being overseas?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I do photography part time and I send my pictures overseas to get edited. I pay the company via PayPal. Do I need to send the company a form of any kind ?

@pk

An invoice from them like any other company would be correct to support the payment of the expense. 

pk
Level 15
Level 15

@blb2010 , agreeing with  @Critter-3 , for your business  use of  foreign contractor / entity

(a) invoice  from the foreign entity and paypal transmittal document would prove  your expenses on Schedule-C

(b) because a foreign entity with no presence/ registration in the USA is a Non-Resident Alien  for tax purposes -- thus no issuance of 1099-NEC / MISC is required .  The income is taxable only in the country  of the entity under its tax laws.

Does this answer your query ?

Is there more I can do for you ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies