This happens when you try to enter your property taxes in the same section with mortgage interest and you don't have a mortgage. To solve this problem:
Delete your first property tax entry
- Click on Federal > Deductions & Credits
- In the Your Home section, start by clicking on the Start/Revisit box next to Mortgage Interest, Refinancing, and Insurance (Form 1098).
- If you see the screen, Review your 1098 info, click the delete icon (the trashcan) next to your entry.
- If you don't see the screen, continue through the interview until you reach Let's get the details from your [lender name] 1098. Remove the number from the Property (real estate) taxes box.
- Click the Back button until you are back on the Deductions & Credits screen.
Reenter the Property Tax
Since you do not have a mortgage, please follow these steps to enter your property tax:
- In the Your Home section, start by clicking on the Start/Revisit box next to Property Taxes.
- Enter your taxes on the next screen, Enter the Property Taxes You Paid.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"