ehbeshears

I did not receive a 1095A for 2018 because I did not receive a tax credit. I paid the full premium, but Turbo Tax wants it. Marketplace doesn't have one to give me.

What should I do to be able to file? Turbo Tax will not let me file without it. I have called the Marketplace a dozen times and they have nothing to give me since I didn't receive the credit. I won't be getting a 1095A. 

MarilynG

If you had a Marketplace insurance policy last year, you should receive a 1095-A.  They should issue you a 1095-A whether you received a Premium Tax Credit or not.  It would have the Premium Amount in Column A, the SLCSP amount in Column B, and $0 in Column C.

There are others who receive no PTC, but who received a 1095-A. 

If you were on a plan with your parents, use their Policy Number and a % of the amounts on their 1095-A.  In the Health Insurance section, indicate that you 'shared a plan' with someone not on your return.

If not, you could indicate 'you were covered all year' and try to re-create your 1095A, if you know your Policy Number, Premium Amount and SLCSP (you may be able to get this from the Marketplace website). 

You should send a letter to  the Marketplace and keep it for documentation with your tax files in case the IRS asks how you tried to get your 1095-A. 

[Edited 03/23/2020 | 4:16 PM]

MarilynG

[Edited 03/23/2020 | 4:16 PM]