Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not receive a 1095A for 2018 because I did not receive a tax credit. I paid the full premium, but Turbo Tax wants it. Marketplace doesn't have one to give me.

What should I do to be able to file? Turbo Tax will not let me file without it. I have called the Marketplace a dozen times and they have nothing to give me since I didn't receive the credit. I won't be getting a 1095A. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

I did not receive a 1095A for 2018 because I did not receive a tax credit. I paid the full premium, but Turbo Tax wants it. Marketplace doesn't have one to give me.

If you had a Marketplace insurance policy last year, you should receive a 1095-A.  They should issue you a 1095-A whether you received a Premium Tax Credit or not.  It would have the Premium Amount in Column A, the SLCSP amount in Column B, and $0 in Column C.

There are others who receive no PTC, but who received a 1095-A. 

If you were on a plan with your parents, use their Policy Number and a % of the amounts on their 1095-A.  In the Health Insurance section, indicate that you 'shared a plan' with someone not on your return.

If not, you could indicate 'you were covered all year' and try to re-create your 1095A, if you know your Policy Number, Premium Amount and SLCSP (you may be able to get this from the Marketplace website). 

You should send a letter to  the Marketplace and keep it for documentation with your tax files in case the IRS asks how you tried to get your 1095-A. 

[Edited 03/23/2020 | 4:16 PM]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

If you had a Marketplace insurance policy last year, you should receive a 1095-A.  They should issue you a 1095-A whether you received a Premium Tax Credit or not.  It would have the Premium Amount in Column A, the SLCSP amount in Column B, and $0 in Column C.

There are others who receive no PTC, but who received a 1095-A. 

If you were on a plan with your parents, use their Policy Number and a % of the amounts on their 1095-A.  In the Health Insurance section, indicate that you 'shared a plan' with someone not on your return.

If not, you could indicate 'you were covered all year' and try to re-create your 1095A, if you know your Policy Number, Premium Amount and SLCSP (you may be able to get this from the Marketplace website). 

You should send a letter to  the Marketplace and keep it for documentation with your tax files in case the IRS asks how you tried to get your 1095-A. 

[Edited 03/23/2020 | 4:16 PM]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies