turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cartierkl

Broker statement says form 8949 should be filed parts 1 and 2, tubo tax only imported summary information and does not have form 8949

Is reporting only summary information allowed?  does turbo tax not have form 8949 or is there something I need to do differently?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SamI

Broker statement says form 8949 should be filed parts 1 and 2, tubo tax only imported summary information and does not have form 8949

Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets records the details of your capital asset sales or exchanges. Part I of the 8949 shows short-term sales (assets held less than one year) and Part II shows long-term sales (assets held over a year).

When you enter capital asset sales or exchanges in TurboTax, we'll automatically generate Form 8949 and transfer the info to Schedule D.

cartierkl

I did not enter anything, turbo tax imported directly from my brokerage 1099.  Does turbo tax import the detail or is that something I need to enter, and if so, how do I do so?  There are 10 short term transactions with 3 different securities, and there are 15 long term transactions, all sales of only one security.
cartierkl

I did not enter anything, turbo tax imported directly from my brokerage 1099.  Does turbo tax import the detail or is that something I need to enter, and if so, how do I do so?  There are 10 short term transactions with 3 different securities, and there are 15 long term transactions, all sales of only one security.
cartierkl
 in a few seconds

re submitting comment.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies