Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did my taxes w/ TurboTax, submitted/paid on April 15, 2019; then noticed in my bank account the tax payment was never withdrawn, checked my TurboTax account found error

in my TurboTax account I found that at some point an error occurred and TurboTax used the wrong AGI from prior year, so my tax files were rejected; had to resubmit and re-file with manually entered AGI; will now have penalty and interest for late payment, so TurboTax should pay this.  How do I contact TurboTax customer service to take care of this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I did my taxes w/ TurboTax, submitted/paid on April 15, 2019; then noticed in my bank account the tax payment was never withdrawn, checked my TurboTax account found error

Didn't you get an email that your taxes were rejected?

When I searched my email I found an email like this.  Now I went back to TurboTax, corrected the AGI manually, and re-filed.  I am certain that I will be charged a penalty and late fee and probably interest, too.  TurboTax should pay this, because it was due to an error with the TurboTax program.

If you are penalized, the accuracy claim form is below.  

However, since you have a 5 day grace period to resubmit a rejected return and not be counted late, I suspect your claim will not be honored.  Turbotax did tell you that your return was rejected, it would have been on-screen if you logged in to check your account, and you did get the email.

At this point, the penalty should be 5% of the amount you owed (combined penalty for filing and paying late by one month or less).  When you get the notice, and if this is the first time you owed a penalty, you can request an abatement from the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/penalty-relief-due-to-first-time-penal...

Or, you can send the penalty notice to Turbotax.  I think you are likely to have more success with the IRS, in this case.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4202723

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies