Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I created 1099Misc forms for sub-contracted labor in TurboTax Self Employed for 2019, 2018, etc. Why can't I create 1099ER for 2020?

Turbo Tax Help called me back and after over 30 minutes of trying THEY couldn't answer.  I cannot even locate prior year 1099s that I issued using Self-Employed on this website.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I created 1099Misc forms for sub-contracted labor in TurboTax Self Employed for 2019, 2018, etc. Why can't I create 1099ER for 2020?

This year non-employee compensation is to be reported on Form 1099-NEC.  This form was reintroduced for 2020.

Before its reintroduction, the last time form 1099-NEC was used was back in 1982. Since then, prior to tax year 2020, businesses typically filed Form 1099-MISC to report payments totaling $600 or more to a nonemployee for certain payments from the trade or business. These payments generally represent nonemployee compensation and, up until now, would typically appear in box 7 of 1099-MISC.

In order to help clarify the separate filing deadlines when reporting different types of payments on Form 1099-MISC, the IRS decided to reintroduce Form 1099-NEC which has a single filing deadline for all payments that use the form.

This did not answer the question, "Why can't I create...?" etc.

I am done with Turbo Tax Help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies