turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

simms0882

I corrected by birthday with local social security office. I still cannot file online, why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I corrected by birthday with local social security office. I still cannot file online, why?

Did you recently try to e-file and fail, then updated your birthday in the last few days with the SSA?

If so, the IRS does not use the SSA data base directly, but refreshes the IRS database only occasionally. That is, updates to the SSA database don't migrate over to the IRS e-file very often.

You could wait or month or more and try to re-efile, or just print and mail your return now. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Did you recently try to e-file and fail, then updated your birthday in the last few days with the SSA?

If so, the IRS does not use the SSA data base directly, but refreshes the IRS database only occasionally. That is, updates to the SSA database don't migrate over to the IRS e-file very often.

You could wait or month or more and try to re-efile, or just print and mail your return now. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies