• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmlawhorne1959
Level 1

I charged both federal and state filing to a credit card. Now I want to file the state myself instead of efiling. Can I get a refund?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Opus 17
Level 15

I charged both federal and state filing to a credit card. Now I want to file the state myself instead of efiling. Can I get a refund?

No.   With TurboTax online, the state cost includes both preparation and e-filing.  Since you now have paid, you have access to be able to print your finished return and mail it or copy it to another e-file solution.  Getting a refund means you would be able to file the state for free but still have the full benefit of using the program to prepare the return for you.  

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Opus 17
Level 15

No.   With TurboTax online, the state cost includes both preparation and e-filing.  Since you now have paid, you have access to be able to print your finished return and mail it or copy it to another e-file solution.  Getting a refund means you would be able to file the state for free but still have the full benefit of using the program to prepare the return for you.  

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v