I cant transmit my return. When I click the orange button, nothing happens.

If your "Transmit My Returns Now" button is not working, it may be due to a CAPTCHA not appearing, where one would need to checkmark "I am not a robot."

NOTE:   Are you using any ad blockers or script blockers?   If so, that may be blocking the CAPTCHA.

Otherwise, here's how to troubleshoot:
  • First, simply refresh the page in your browser and see if that changes anything.
  • If not, then log out and clear your browser Internet cache.
  • Close the browser and reopen it.
  • Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the CAPTCHA will appear.
  • Log in and try again.
  • If still unsuccessful, do all the above, then this time open a private window/private browsing (aka "incognito mode").
  • Log in with the private window (again making sure cookies are allowed) and try the efile again.
If that doesn't work, see if a different browser (with cookies allowed) will solve it.

A user reported that when nothing else worked, he was able to solve it using a wired Ethernet connection, which implies some wireless setting was interfering.

A couple of foreign users had to set up a VPN to get it to work around their country's Internet system.

This may be a browser issue.  Sometimes using a different browser will correct it.

Or log out and empty the browser Internet cache.  Close the browser and reopen it. Then try your Chrome in private browsing mode.  ; i.e., a private window (incognito mode).   If that doesn't help, then try a different browser to see if it recurs.

@karenor120 Did you have any luck filing ?

Thanks @vinceseese that was exactly it! I had to wait a day, and try while at work. (same computer, and browser though) The CAPTCHA did NOT show up at all when I was trying the other night. But when I tried again, the CAPTCHA was there this time... haha

Thank you for responding and letting us know! 🙂 Have a great weekend!

I refreshed the page, and then the captcha box appear

I hate this new feature. Like a bot would have made it through all the previous screens.

Otherwise, here's how to troubleshoot:
  • Close the browser and reopen it.
  • Log in and try again.

I was having this same problem. The missing CAPTCHA was the issue. Opened the window in "incognito" mode and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for letting us know!! 🙂