turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cant transmit my return. When I click the orange button, nothing happens.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If your "Transmit My Returns Now" button is not working, it may be due to a CAPTCHA not appearing, where one would need to checkmark "I am not a robot."

NOTE:   Are you using any ad blockers or script blockers?   If so, that may be blocking the CAPTCHA.

Otherwise, here's how to troubleshoot:
  • First, simply refresh the page in your browser and see if that changes anything.
  • If not, then log out and clear your browser Internet cache.
  • Close the browser and reopen it.
  • Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the CAPTCHA will appear.
  • If still unsuccessful, do all the above, then this time open a private window/private browsing (aka "incognito mode").
  • Log in with the private window (again making sure cookies are allowed) and try the efile again.
If that doesn't work, see if a different browser (with cookies allowed) will solve it.

A user reported that when nothing else worked, he was able to solve it using a wired Ethernet connection, which implies some wireless setting was interfering.

A couple of foreign users had to set up a VPN to get it to work around their country's Internet system.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

This may be a browser issue.  Sometimes using a different browser will correct it.

Or log out and empty the browser Internet cache.  Close the browser and reopen it. Then try your Chrome in private browsing mode.  ; i.e., a private window (incognito mode).   If that doesn't help, then try a different browser to see if it recurs.
GabiU
Level 15

@karenor120 Did you have any luck filing ?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks @vinceseese that was exactly it! I had to wait a day, and try while at work. (same computer, and browser though) The CAPTCHA did NOT show up at all when I was trying the other night. But when I tried again, the CAPTCHA was there this time... haha
GabiU
Level 15

Thank you for responding and letting us know! 🙂 Have a great weekend!

I refreshed the page, and then the captcha box appear

I hate this new feature. Like a bot would have made it through all the previous screens.

If your "Transmit My Returns Now" button is not working, it may be due to a CAPTCHA not appearing, where one would need to checkmark "I am not a robot."

NOTE:   Are you using any ad blockers or script blockers?   If so, that may be blocking the CAPTCHA.

Otherwise, here's how to troubleshoot:
  • First, simply refresh the page in your browser and see if that changes anything.
  • If not, then log out and clear your browser Internet cache.
  • Close the browser and reopen it.
  • Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the CAPTCHA will appear.
  • If still unsuccessful, do all the above, then this time open a private window/private browsing (aka "incognito mode").
  • Log in with the private window (again making sure cookies are allowed) and try the efile again.
If that doesn't work, see if a different browser (with cookies allowed) will solve it.

A user reported that when nothing else worked, he was able to solve it using a wired Ethernet connection, which implies some wireless setting was interfering.

A couple of foreign users had to set up a VPN to get it to work around their country's Internet system.

I was having this same problem. The missing CAPTCHA was the issue. Opened the window in "incognito" mode and it worked perfectly.
GabiU
Level 15

Thanks for letting us know!! 🙂
klg1964

didn't for me

klg1964
Did you try all the suggestions above, including trying other browsers?   I don't have any other suggestion.

Maybe @TurboTaxGabi has something to suggest.   Or we can tell you how to reach Customer Support if you are using PLUS or higher.

FAQ:  How do I contact TurboTax?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489</a>

Took me a while to look at the page - I even tried turning off popups (it wasnt that).  There is a stupid "I am not a robot" CAPTCHA on the page.  You have to check the box, then you can click.  It didn't warn or say anything when I didnt check it, the page just sat there til I figured that out.

GabiU
Level 15

Thanks for the information! Where on the page did you see that?

Again, thank you for participating on AnswerXchange to help solve this problem for multiple users!!
Have a great weekend!  @vinceseese

Helpful answer. After reading this, I observed that I didn't have a CAPTCHA box. I was using SRWare Iron browser, a spinoff of Chrome. I closed this and logged back in with the latest Firefox. From there I could finish the form.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies