Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cant open a 2019 TurboTax file and it states ERROR 190 the turbo tax program directs me to their website. I signed in and then I don't see where to update to fix error

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I cant open a 2019 TurboTax file and it states ERROR 190 the turbo tax program directs me to their website. I signed in and then I don't see where to update to fix error

Sorry can't  use the 2019 program.  You can't open your return because you need to download the state program for it.  But you can't update 2019 or download the state anymore.  They stopped supporting 2019 when they moved 2022 to the past year programs.

If you just need a copy or printout, You could try the TaxPrinter service (not connected with Turbo Tax) to convert a .tax file to pdf at

http://www.taxprinter.com

2019 may no longer be supported. if the following doesn't work contact support.

if you need a printout of the tax file their is a website that will do this for a fee

always save a copy of your return as a pdf. This can only be used to see what was filed. the PDF cannot be used to file an amended return. anyway for 2019 and additional refund would be forfeit because you filed too late. If you owe the tax authorities have no time limit.   

https://www.taxprinter.com/

Error 190 in TurboTax indicates that you are attempting to open a .tax2019 file that contains one or more state returns, but the version of TurboTax you are using does not have the necessary state modules installed. Here is a method that might fix the error:

Relaunch the TurboTax software.
Conduct a disk cleanup.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies