Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cant efile my 2023 return because my 2022 was filed after the Oct 16th deadline due to a disaster declaration in ca. will i still be able to file by the 15th

my efiled 2023 state and federal returns were both rejected because my mailed tax documents for 2022 were filed after the Oct 16th deadline and have not been processed yet.  Which means i cant verify my Adjusted Gross Income for 2022 in order to complete the efile for this year.  Will they have my previous year returns ready by April 15th??
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I cant efile my 2023 return because my 2022 was filed after the Oct 16th deadline due to a disaster declaration in ca. will i still be able to file by the 15th

The IRS probably does not have your 2022 AGI in their database.

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2022 AGI and e-file again.

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

According to this IRS webpage, for those waiting for their 2022 tax return to be processed, enter $0 (zero dollars) for last year's AGI to ensure the 2023 tax return is accepted by the IRS for processing.

Your 2022 return must have been Accepted by the IRS for your prior year AGI to be on record. 

To check your IRS e-file status, sign in to TurboTax, and go to Tax Home (if you're not already there). If you've submitted your return, you'll see a pending, rejected, or accepted status.

If you used TurboTax Desktop, follow these steps to check your e-file status:

1. Open the File menu.
  2. Select Check E-file status.
  3. Or, go to the File tab and select the Check E-file Status header.

See this TurboTax help article and this IRS webpage for more information.

Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Is sent by mail
  • Contains errors or is incomplete
  • Needs further review in general
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Was referred to the IRS by the bank due to suspicious activity
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
  • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse AllocationPDF, which could take up to 14 weeks to process

For the latest information on IRS processing timeframes, see their Processing Status Dashboard. 

@payabilltt3

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies