proudnannie-1935

I cannot find where to enter 1099R

jceaser1

I cannot find where to enter 1099R

I am requisting live chat to help me enter my 1099R information correctly

hifibrain94730

I cannot find where to enter 1099R

I am a TurboTax user and have entered 1099-Rs. Open your tax file in TT, click on the Federal Taxes tab, then click on Wages and Income, then scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security. On the first line below this you will see IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R). To the right of this click on the Start (or Update) tab, and you will see a tab to start entering a 1099-R. Once you press this, you will be given options of importing it from your bank or brokerage or entering it yourself. Be sure to carefully review each item on your copy of the 1099-R if you are entering it yourself and enter the amount/check mark for each line. If this is your own IRA or 401(k), then you answer "no" in the next screen if it is inherited. If it is inherited from someone else, then answer all of the pertinent questions. The next screen asks if there were any non-deductible contributions to this IRA. If so, then answer "yes" and enter the amount because the non-deductible portion is non-taxable and will be a portion of each distribution that you take from the IRA.