Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MohDoh

I can't enter any wage information on my Turbox Tax Premier on Desk Top

I have used Turbox Tax over a decade, and this is the first time I am having this problem.  In "Federal Taxes"'s "Wages & Income" section, whether I choose "Walk me through Everything" or "I'll choose what I work on", I get wages information on 2021 and "Update" button.  If I click on the "Update Button," I go to "Wages & Income" section with total blank screen; nothing to enter or anything.

I have updated my software on-line, and I have the latest software as of April 18, 2023.  I just got back from overseas, and I thought I could finish this since I have a simple text return.  Now, I have no choice but to do extension.  How do I deal with this problem?  I am very disappointed that this is happening.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I can't enter any wage information on my Turbox Tax Premier on Desk Top

If you are using a Windows OS, try the following:

1)  Shut down TTX

2)  Check for any waiting, or partially-installed Windows updates. (Windows 10 is the minimum OS required for 2022 Desktop)

3)  Install or finish any remaining OS updates, then re-boot even if there were not any updates.

4)  After reboot, wait 15 min for all background tasks to restart....but don't purposely start any other programs.

....While this next step may not be necessary, do it anyhow

5)  Rt-Click on the TTX icon and select "Run as administrator".

Then see what happens...but yes, some menu sections inside TTX take longer to start up after selecting them.  There were some subroutines rewritten a few years ago that give you a blank screen for (what should only be) a couple seconds, and sometimes a rotating blue circle for 5-10 seconds ...that seems like forever.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies