JoeBidenStole2020

I CAN file a paper tax form without providing the spouses AGI when filing MFS for federal and VA state, however, TurboTax doesn't allow this. Why does Turbotax require it

The paper tax forms do not require it and it is even stated as such. I am not "legally separated" due to state laws but am filing separately until my divorce.

Intuit lost money last year and I used the information I provided to validate my hard copy returns I filed by hand because their company does not account for this somehow, but reading the "legalese" and instructions for Virginia and Federal forms, there is NO need to provide a spouses AGI to file a "Separate" tax return. I could be wrong, but using my own eyes and the forms provided by federal and state government, it would appear that Intuit is in the wrong.

fanfare

pay the TurboTax fee.

then you can print your return and,

if you choose, sign  and mail it in.

note: IRS is way behind on paper tax returns.

fanfare

pay the TurboTax fee.

then you can print your return and,

if you choose, sign  and mail it in.

If I am filing a separate return why do I have to list my spouse’s information on my return?

Even if you file separate returns (the worst way to file) you each have to list each other's SSN's and some other information on your own tax return.  The IRS can then cross check to make sure you are not "double dipping" for itemized deductions, dependents, etc.

If you are in a community property state, there is more information that will be needed.

Community property states:  AZ, CA, ID, LA, NV, NM, TX, WA, WI

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901162-married-filing-separately-in-community-property-states

JoeBidenStole2020

Yes, but that defeats the purpose of paying for Turbotax. I did paper forms last year for this very reason and hoped they would fix this issue, or allow a bypass. 

No such luck, it's another year Intuit misses out on that nice stolen money they could have made through their lobbying of Congress to not allow a free government program for the government to get their stolen money....

(Turbo tax lobbies against Americans because their business is to ensure taxes are painful and expensive to file).