Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can estimate a number, but can't clear the estimate. This is for Turbotax 2023 on a computer (not online).

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

I can estimate a number, but can't clear the estimate. This is for Turbotax 2023 on a computer (not online).

What number are you talking about? Remember that we in the Community cannot see your private tax data, so give us some context - help us help you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Clear Estimate doesn't work.  For example, if I estimate interest income and come back later with exact numbers, I can change the number the I put in, but can't change it from Estimated to Actual.  I have tried both with the F8 key and the right click.  Doesn't "un estimate".  Turbotax Deluxe 2023.

If you know what 1099-INT it is on...just delete the form entirely, and re-enter teh entire form manually from scratch.

IF on another Form type.....same thing...delete the form entirely...and restart the same form from scratch.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

How about TurboTax fixing the situation so that an estimate can be marked as actual?

I see what you mean.....for using the former Rt-click or the Edit menu...once marked, it doesn't come off

You could call Customer Support to report it.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

Might be a problem introduced with the switch to 64 bit.

BUT

What works for me to turn it off is to hold the Fn key down while hitting the f8 key

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies