turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long did your manual review for state take?

My return was accepted Feb 3rd, went into manual review. End of April I received a letter stating that they needed my W2s. I sent them in and waited a week before I called to make sure they were received. The lady who answered told me that the mail room is backed up 4-6 weeks, and they wouldn't even be able to give me a progress report until my letter was actually received in the system. After that it goes back through manual review and that takes another 2-4 weeks. It is now the end of May and it still says it's in the manual review stage...who knows if my W2s have even been looked at. The state sure will penalize you if they don't get their money, but they don't have a single issue with keeping ours for no reason.

My return was accepted on March 25, I received a letter stating they needed copies of my W2s and 1099's on July 5. The letter says to return the documents attention manual processing/PSU, I Googled this and brought me to this site. I've read through all of the comments and I was wondering if anyone knows why Oregon is processing so many returns manually?

I filed my Oregon return in mid Feb, and in early May got a letter stating they needed a copy of my W-2 or 1099 showing my withholding (I filed electronically).  I sent them the requested copy.  In early June I called asking if they received my mailing (it was due by June 11).  The person I talked to said he didn’t know and there was no way for him to check.  He also said that when you file electronically they don’t actually “see the W-2/1099” so they accept what you enter unless they ask for verification.  Now I don’t know if that is true, but that is what I was told.  He also told me that what could have happened was that the person checking the return (at the Oregon Dept of Rev) typed in an incorrect number somewhere which flagged the return causing the letter for withholding verification to be sent out.  I asked him if I would have mailed a paper copy in with the attached forms like the “old days” if I would have not had to go through all of this and he said “yes, probably”.   One step forward and two steps back I guess.  Needless to say, I got my refund back finally today (July 10).  Contemplating filing by paper next year, gheeese.
ivhs72

I filed on Feb. 2nd, and I checked today for the 2nd time (the first time is said nothing would be processed till after Feb. 15th). Today this is what I see..... "We’re manually processing your return. Manually processed returns take additional time. This doesn’t mean that you’re being audited. If you receive a letter from us requesting additional information, please respond as soon as possible. If it’s been 12 weeks or more since you filed your return and you haven’t received a letter from us, please call (xxx)xxx-xxx or (xxx) xxx-xxxx to speak with a customer service representative."
ivhs72

I filed on Feb. 2nd, and I checked today for the 2nd time (the first time is said nothing would be processed till after Feb. 15th). Today this is what I see..... "We’re manually processing your return. Manually processed returns take additional time. This doesn’t mean that you’re being audited. If you receive a letter from us requesting additional information, please respond as soon as possible. If it’s been 12 weeks or more since you filed your return and you haven’t received a letter from us, please call (xxx)xxx-xxx or (xxx) xxx-xxxx to speak with a customer service representative."

Same as above user ^!

same as ivhs72 above

Same as above
sv1996

Same as above. Happened last year too.
sv1996

Same as above. Happened last year too.

Same as above

Posting here again. Last year, it took 5 months for my OR return to be issued to me (with laughable interest added to the total). This year, I am being manually reviewed AGAIN. I'm anticipating my return will hit my account summer 2019....WTF

I called my state rep requesting the elected representatives look into this
sexybck4

Same as above
sexybck4

Same as above
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies