turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jscheg
Returning Member

I bought TurboTax Deluxe at Costco. I have an iMac and am being required to update the operating system to OS X 10.12. My iMac will not take this update, so am required to use TurboTax Online. Is there a number associated with what I bought at Costco to a

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
TRMN

I bought TurboTax Deluxe at Costco. I have an iMac and am being required to update the operating system to OS X 10.12. My iMac will not take this update, so am required to use TurboTax Online. Is there a number associated with what I bought at Costco to a

Mac operating system update issues, where hardware or software update is required for Turbo to work.

I am working on an old tower, 2009 vintage, allegedly not eligible for upgrades.

I was planning on upgrading the hardware via a third party company that provides an unsanctioned upgrade.

Will do it soon, but didn't get to it in time. Consequently, turbo would not work on my mac pro desktop.

Workaround for me was to go to my windows 7 partitioned drive through parallels and do the return in windows.

It worked better than I expected. I was even able to import last years return from the mac side to the windows side, to avoid filing from scratch.

Downside I've discovered! Windows will not physically PRINT any part of the return, as it apparently runs through the Mac I/O. But I was able to save the return and file electronically. Also, beware: The state return that I bought was marked as a WINDOWS version. I suppose that means that when I get my mac pro upgraded, I may have a problem next year accessing my state return on the mac side. At this moment, neither here nor there.

Important for you: if you don't have windows, you will need to find another computer, upgrade yours, or pay the cost of the online version to do it there. The Intuit documentation makes it clear that you will have to pay a second time for the online version. Of course, the incompatibility flag comes up after you register the disk that you bought, making its return unlikely --although if you bought from Costco.....?

I was able to copy a state PDF over to the mac side, but I am having some trouble printing from there. But the problem seems specific to my set up at this moment. I am going to warm boot to see if that resolves the problem.

Best I get fer ya.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies