Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bfryee

I bought deluxe already - why do i need to buy another product for the state returns? I've never had to buy anything in the past.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I bought deluxe already - why do i need to buy another product for the state returns? I've never had to buy anything in the past.

State is always a separate addional charge in the Online versions.  Did you use the Desktop program before?
bfryee

yes I've filed with turbotax before and i never had to pay any fees to file but this year i did because of a foreign bank account i guess? i purchased the deluxe version and then it asked for more money just to file my state return.

Did you use the Free Edition before?  Actually state is extra in all versions including the Free Edition.  Just sometimes they have a promotion for a free state but only in the Free Edition .
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies