Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zenokg

I bought an Enclosed Trailer for my business and had to buy tires to bring it home from out of state. How do i claim this?

Do i claim the trailer as an Asset and add the tires somewhere else, or do i claim the price all together?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR
Expert Alumni

I bought an Enclosed Trailer for my business and had to buy tires to bring it home from out of state. How do i claim this?

If the tires were permanently affixed to the trailer, the cost of the tires can be added to the cost of the trailer and that total will become the basis of the asset (trailer) for depreciation purposes.  If the tires were removed from the trailer after it was put in place you can simply deduct the tires as a business expense.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JulieR
Expert Alumni

If the tires were permanently affixed to the trailer, the cost of the tires can be added to the cost of the trailer and that total will become the basis of the asset (trailer) for depreciation purposes.  If the tires were removed from the trailer after it was put in place you can simply deduct the tires as a business expense.

zenokg

Great thanks, this is what i needed to know.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies