turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ive been trying to buy 2016 tax software on the iPad app for 5 days now, it’s continuously saying “Account services unavailable, please try back later.”

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Ive been trying to buy 2016 tax software on the iPad app for 5 days now, it’s continuously saying “Account services unavailable, please try back later.”

You cannot install desktop software on an iPad if that is what you are trying to do.  2016 software can only be installed/downloaded to a computer.  If you need to file a 2016 return you will need to purchase and install the software to a Mac or PC.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I was told by @SandraM that if i use the mobile app then i can download them on an iPad Pro. I literally asked so I didn’t have these issues.

Sorry--either she misunderstood or you misunderstood.  You cannot install desktop software to a mobile device.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Unfortunately the mobile app only interfaces with TurboTax online which only supports current year  (2017) tax returns.  2016 online ended in October 2017.    2016  software only runs on a Mac or Windows computer.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
SandraM

I apologize.  I misunderstood the question.  You can only download the 2016 software to a computer, not for an Ipad.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies