Ive been trying to buy 2016 tax software on the iPad app for 5 days now, it’s continuously saying “Account services unavailable, please try back later.”

You cannot install desktop software on an iPad if that is what you are trying to do.  2016 software can only be installed/downloaded to a computer.  If you need to file a 2016 return you will need to purchase and install the software to a Mac or PC.

I was told by @SandraM that if i use the mobile app then i can download them on an iPad Pro. I literally asked so I didn’t have these issues.

Sorry--either she misunderstood or you misunderstood.  You cannot install desktop software to a mobile device.

Unfortunately the mobile app only interfaces with TurboTax online which only supports current year  (2017) tax returns.  2016 online ended in October 2017.    2016  software only runs on a Mac or Windows computer.

I apologize.  I misunderstood the question.  You can only download the 2016 software to a computer, not for an Ipad.