Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kyakimow

Form 2210 Section 1 Line 2. What are "other taxes" and where does this number come from? I was not self employed. Thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ChristieB

Form 2210 Section 1 Line 2. What are "other taxes" and where does this number come from? I was not self employed. Thanks

I am unsure if TurboTax for Mac has Forms mode, but if it does, you can go into Forms mode and select Form 2210. Then, by right-clicking Part 1, Line 2 and selecting Data Source, you will be able to view the worksheets the feed directly to this line based off of your unique tax information. 

If you are unable to do this with your version of TurboTax, below is a list of different areas that may be influencing Part 1, Line 2 of your Form 2210: 

- From Form 1040, the sum of line 57, line 60(a), line 60(b), and the amount detailed on the dotted line to the left of line 60 (excluding tax on excess golden parachute payments

- any amount on Line O of the Additional Other Taxes Smart Worksheet for line 60 of Form 1040 (but only if identified on Line O as "FMSR", or "ISC", or "From Form 8866", or "From Form 8697")

- any amounts from box 12 of Form W-2 when coded A, B, M, or N), plus Form(s) 5329, lines 4 and 8. 

- Also includes the new Additional Medicare Tax (Form 8959) and Net Investment Income Tax (Form 8960). 

Please note the information appearing on these lines of Form 1040 must be entered elsewhere in the tax return (for example, on Form W-2).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies