Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Jc225

I am trying to get my ten digit customer ID number to get a copy of my tax transcript from the IRS. Where do I find this?

Where do I find it...need it for my transcripts...thx

adminelr

I am trying to get my ten digit customer ID number to get a copy of my tax transcript from the IRS. Where do I find this?

This worked!

None of these worked for me. Still getting 402 when visiting site.

Eneique
Returning Member

How do I get my 10 digit customer-id

@Eneique - just leave it blank and go to the next screen

noidaubachu
Returning Member

follow

Yes 

@Brandon ephrem   yes is not a tax question. do you have one

@Brandon ephrem  - try bypassing it or use your social security number (which is 10 digits)

Mzcnewby

Where can I find my ten digits number 

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

I highly recommend that everyone create an online account on the IRS website to verify the status of returns, payments, refunds,  stimulus information and so much more.

Please click the link below to create an online account.   
Create IRS online account

The 10-digit Customer File Number is alternative tracking number to match a transcript to the taxpayer for third-parties such as tax preparers. You will not need that number to obtain a transcript for your own return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That's the problem. The IRS website says to leave the customer ID space blank if not directed by a third party but when you leave it blank, the site won't allow you to continue. As usual, our government is completely useless and incompetent. Working websites aren't hard to make.

TDouse53

How can I get my 10 digit customer ID number

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

To help with you 10 digit customer ID number to retrieve your IRS transcript, please visit the following IRS site here: About Tax Transcripts

If you still need additional assistance, reach out to the IRS directly: How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
@TDouse53 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes I am trying to get my ten digit customer ID

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies