mamaweseloh

I am trying to finish my taxes. It has asked me for a 1099-MIS. I do not have one I have a 1099-NEC. It will not let me move forward. It says it will delete all my info.

Irene2805

The form 1099-MISC may have transferred over from last year.  You can delete it by following these steps:

TurboTax Online

1. While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).  
  2. In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
  3. Click Delete next to the form you want to delete and follow the onscreen instructions. 
  4. Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).

TurboTax CD/Download

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar
  2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on the form you wish to open and delete.
  3. Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
  4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  
mamaweseloh

I am using my computer and I do not know where to find the tax tools? 

JeffreyR77

If you are using TurboTax Online, there should be a dark black border on the left side of your screen. 

Midway down that border is Tax Tools.  If you do not see that you may need to open something up in the middle of your screen. 

Once you can see Tax Tools on the left of your screen, under that is Tools

Selecting Tools will open Tools Center in the middle of your screen. 

You will be able to select Delete a Form and search for the Form 1099-MISC to delete.