Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to enter my information for Form 2555, and the Trip Information screen is broken. No. of Days in U.S. on Business must be at least 1. I wasn't in the US!

I live in Sweden, and my trip was to the UK (right before Covid-19 lockdowns started). I wasn't in the U.S. at all during 2020. Why does "No. of Days in U.S. on Business" have to be at least 1? It's nonsense.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

I am trying to enter my information for Form 2555, and the Trip Information screen is broken. No. of Days in U.S. on Business must be at least 1. I wasn't in the US!

@tim50  you may have to use the back button to go back to the screen where you start   ( after you have entered the  foreign income) " Were you living and working outside of the United States? " and then answer the next  three screens. Then on the next screen " choose how to Qualify for this exclusion", choose  Physical Presence  Test.  On the next screen  choose your  qualifying period as 01/01/2020 through 12/31/2020.  On the next screen   "Tax Home Information , enter the date when you first established  tax home in the current country ( if you have moved countries during 2020 then in the tax home in the last country ). On the Next screen  Trips Abroad"  choose "N0"  to the question " did you make any trips to the USA.....".   That would satisfy the system and work as intended.

stay safe 

pk

Hi,

Now I'm trying to finish my taxes and I'm encountering basically the same problem.

When I was guided through the FEIE again, I selected the Physical Presence Test. But I remembered that I was actually in the US in early 2020 before Covid-19 broke out. So I entered the dates of my trip, and I'm still having the same problem: the minimum value of "No. of Days in U.S. on Business" is 1, which is incorrect because leisure trips exist and that's what this was. Why can't TurboTax fix this?

Best regards,

Tim Kynerd

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies