Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LLindsay1

I am receiving this message, Oops-an issue occurred. Please check back shortly. What could this mean?

I am getting the same message. It is very frustrating and concerning not knowing if my returns were submitted successfully with only a couple of hours to go before the deadline.

I am receiving this message, Oops-an issue occurred. Please check back shortly. What could this mean?

Hang in there Lindsey!!  Keep refreshing your email and the TurboTax screen.  The email will come first.

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

File an extension just in case. @LLindsay1 @LMNOATP @abroo811 

File federal extension online here

State extensions can be found here if needed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hey guys, just got me email. Took about 1:25 hours before it showed up.

I'm sure with the volume of returns that is what is hanging up the systm.

I'm sure the IRS will treat Turbotax submitted timestamp the same way they

do a pre-midnight drop off at the post office. 

Good news, Just after midnight my time:

IMG_4249.jpeg

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Good to hear. It was likely due to the large volume of submissions today. @LMNOATP 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Randy031

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Does this mean I will be late if my return does not get accepted or going through?

Khlash99

Same.   I got the same and didn't get the email until hours after the initial submission.  Error is still there.  Uggh

I got the Oops message too. No worries though. It’s at least filed on/at Turbo Tax, be it today or tomorrow. Worse case a penalty/fee will apply on the back end. Which is of no additional or significant consequence. We’re not talking jail time for receiving an Oops error message. Again, the rest can & will be handled on the back end. No need to worry if you didn’t make the deadline. 

SAME.  guess we shouldn't leave filing online through TurboTax to the last second.  

TFZ

Yes we shouldn’t but many of us do haha. You can’t error people out if you’re TurboTax; it’s just causing unnecessary stress and panic.  They’re too big for this 

Yup I just finished mine and says the same thing let’s hope it goes through lol.

last minute as usual 

lol one day I will file my taxes early 😂😂. I have always waited til the last minute. I’m just a procrastinator 😂😂

lol. I need to show this thread to my wife so she knows I am not alone doing this

SOLATE

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies