I am not self employed however my son is and I use turbo tax to complete taxes for both of us separately. Can II use the self-employed version for both of us?

Did you mean that you have the CD/Download version... Home & Business?

(CD/Download) to e-file up to five (5) federal tax returns. You can prepare as many returns as you want, but only five can be e-filed.

For returns with multiple states, you can e-file up to three (3) states per federal return; the rest must be paper-filed (which probably isn't a big deal, as many nonresident state returns can't be e-filed anyway).

In TurboTax Online (including Self-Employed), you can prepare and e-file one federal and up to five associated state returns under the same login.

You can also e-file up to five federal returns for each email address tied to a TurboTax account, but you must create a separate login for each return, and each return should have a unique Social Security or Tax ID number.

The IRS prohibits using the same email address to e-file more than five federal returns with an online personal tax return preparation product.

Please read this TurboTax FAQ for information on: "How do I start another return in TurboTax Online?": How do I start another return in TurboTax Online?