Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am not seeing TurboTax handle qualified dividends, but it shows that I am being taxes on the entire Ordinary Dividends

I use Fidelity Investments, and I imported in their tax data into my TT H&B Desktop return. It shows the total Ordinary Dividends, and the Qualifed Dividends. Our joint income is under the limits for where we should pay no income tax on the Qualified Dividends, but, TT does not make any adjustments on this. 

Not sure if this is a bug in TT, or, if Fidelity did something incorrectly (I did delete the previous Fidelity import, and re-imported with the latest data, just to be safe).

Appreciate any guidance or assistance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I am not seeing TurboTax handle qualified dividends, but it shows that I am being taxes on the entire Ordinary Dividends

Ordinary dividends are taxed as ordinary income. Qualified dividends are the ones that are qualified for special tax treatment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I do understand that, but, the question is why does TT treat all of my dividends, when most of my dividends are marked as qualified dividends?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Why do you think that is happening?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies