turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am not residing in the US anymore, and am wondering what address to provide in the "file" section. It will not allow me to choose an international address.

Please could someone assist with this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I am not residing in the US anymore, and am wondering what address to provide in the "file" section. It will not allow me to choose an international address.

In the File section of the program, where are you being asked for an address?  Is this for payment of the TurboTax account fees with a credit card?  Or something else?

I am owed a refund. In step 1 it requires me to review my order. The first thing it asks me for is an address and once I have entered this, I can click on "confirm payment". I can enter the address on my W2 form but I no longer reside there. 

I am owed a refund. In step 1 it requires me to review my order. The first thing it asks me for is an address and once I have entered this, I can click on "confirm payment". I can enter the address on my W2 form but I no longer reside there. 

Payment of any TurboTax account fees can only be from a US credit/debit cared with a billing address in the US.

If you are receiving a tax refund, then for a direct deposit you must have a US bank account with the bank located in the US.  If you do not have a bank account then the refund can only be mailed to you.  The IRS uses the address on your tax return.

You can use an address that is not in the US on your tax return.  When entering a mailing address in the My Info section, on the box labeled Type of mailing address, from the dropdown choose Foreign Country.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies