wileyj

I am not eligible for Form 1098-T, but it's still saying that Form 8863 is not ready yet and I'm unable to file my taxes. Also website says Form 8863 is ready...

MarilynG

You do not have to have a 1098-T  to claim education expenses.  If you paid for education expenses (such as tuition, books, required fees) you can claim these expenses as 'Additional Education Expenses'  on your tax return.  

TurboTax will determine what type and amount of credit you may qualify for through the interview in the Education section.  Be sure to keep documentation of what you paid with your tax return  (cash, credit card, loans).  

The IRS is not accepting efiled returns until 1/29/18, so you will not be able to efile your tax return until then.  TurboTax will keep your completed return on hold pending IRS acceptance. 

Form 8863 is available, so if you are receiving an error message, you might want to go thru the Education section completely again before trying to efile.

Here's more info on Forms:

acbit05

Im having the same problem