Solved: I am filing married/jointly for the first time. We both filed as single last year. Do I combine our totals to fill in the info about 2015 tae form? (re: is refund taxable

I am filing married/jointly for the first time. We both filed as single last year. Do I combine our totals to fill in the info about 2015 tae form? (re: is refund taxable

If you both Itemized deductions, then yes you should combine your totals to determine if state refunds are taxable.  If neither one of you itemized and the other didn't, just use the amount from the one that itemized.

Thank you!

You're welcome.  Thanks for using TurboTax!

Do you put in the combined federal return info also from both spouses on the following screen once you state that both spouses itemized on their prior year's returns? It auto populates with only my info.