klwmsw

I am filing for my deceased adult daughter. she is due a refund. Turbo tax is asking for her AGI. I have no idea what that is.

Don't have her AGI from 2021.  How can I fix this?

You don't need the AGI if you mail the return.  

klwmsw

Thanks for the response!

MotoDude

Hi there,  AGI is Adjusted Gross Income from LAST year's tax return.  They want to know it to check and verify that it's actually her, and it's a way they can check/verify for e-File purposes.  You should be able to find it in her return from last year on Line 11 of Form 1040, or just search in Turbo Tax for AGI.  If you get that number from her LAST year's tax return you should be able to enter it and then e-File for THIS year okay.  Hope this helps!

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing