oliver192959

I am entering my 1099 MISC and it is asking for EIN. I see a TIN number. Is this the same?

The TIN on your 1099-MISC is either your EIN or Social Security number.  

tagteam

TIN stand for Taxpayer Identification Number which is a generic term; it includes identification numbers such as social security numbers and EINs (Employer Identification Numbers). 

Yes, the number would be the same; enter the number from your form.

oliver192959

PAYER's not RECIPIENT is what i mean

tagteam

@oliver192959 wrote:

PAYER's not RECIPIENT is what i mean

Correct, enter the number from your 1099-MISC.

rjs

@oliver192959 wrote:

PAYER's not RECIPIENT is what i mean

The payer's TIN on Form 1099-MISC is either an EIN or a Social Security number. An EIN is in the format xx-xxxxxxx. A Social Security number is in the format xxx-xx-xxxx. On the screen where you enter the 1099-MISC TurboTax asks you which format it is.