Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a Turbo Tax user

My brother has a neurological disorder and this year I will do his taxes for him. I assume I cannot use my copy of TT to do his taxes and e-file his Fed and state returns. He has mostly 1099-R income. Would it be best for me to set up an online account for him and do it online, or to buy another copy of TT Deluxe?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am a Turbo Tax user

@coljediv wrote:

So, are you saying I can use my copy of TT Deluxe to do his taxes as well?  And e-file for him?

If you are referring to using the TurboTax desktop edition of Deluxe installed on your personal computer for tax year 2021, then Yes you can create, complete and file as many tax returns as needed using the desktop editions.  In the desktop editions there are 5 free federal e-files included in the purchase price.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I am a Turbo Tax user

If you are going to use the TurboTax online editions then you will need to create a new account and User ID for him to complete his tax return - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

If you are going to use the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions then all you need to do is start a new tax return for him.  Click on File in the upper left of the desktop program screen.  Then click on New Tax Return.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

I am a Turbo Tax user

So, are you saying I can use my copy of TT Deluxe to do his taxes as well?  And e-file for him?

I am a Turbo Tax user

@coljediv wrote:

If you are referring to using the TurboTax desktop edition of Deluxe installed on your personal computer for tax year 2021, then Yes you can create, complete and file as many tax returns as needed using the desktop editions.  In the desktop editions there are 5 free federal e-files included in the purchase price.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies