whitneyloreaux

I am a realtor and am licensed in both KY And OH. I recieved a 1099-MISC. My Firm is located in KY. Should i check yes, i have made money in states other than OH?

Hal_Al

Yes, if you actually had a commission(s) from an Ohio sales.

Answer no, otherwise.

As you may know there is a reciprocity agreement between OH and KY on W-2 wages. But as a 1099-Misc "employee", you are considered self employed and and a wage employee. The reciprocity agreement does not apply and you must file an Ohio tax return to report Ohio source self employment income. KY will give you a credit or partial credit for what you pay OHIo.

Hal_Al

Answer no, otherwise.