Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Recieved a 1099misc form for tribal per capita, i already pay federal tax eaach month when i receive my per capita. how come when I enter in turbo tax i get taxed more?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Recieved a 1099misc form for tribal per capita, i already pay federal tax eaach month when i receive my per capita. how come when I enter in turbo tax i get taxed more?

Your per capita income from your 1099-MISC gets added to the rest of your income, and the tax gets figured on all your income, not just the tribal per capita income. So the amount withheld might not be enough to cover the tax on your total taxable income.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Your per capita income from your 1099-MISC gets added to the rest of your income, and the tax gets figured on all your income, not just the tribal per capita income. So the amount withheld might not be enough to cover the tax on your total taxable income.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies