Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jh1167

I already paid $800 when I filed for an extension. Does the number on left (Federal Refund or Taxes owed) reflect the $800 I already paid?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I already paid $800 when I filed for an extension. Does the number on left (Federal Refund or Taxes owed) reflect the $800 I already paid?

Then it is included.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Did you file the extension through TT?
Is the $800 listed on line 70 of the Form 1040?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf</a>

You can preview the Form 1040 at any time by clicking on My Account at the top of the program screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on View Tax Summary.  Click on Preview my 1040

I filed the extension through TT.

Is total credits the amount I have put into my taxes already?

It includes EIC and other credits.

Yes. the $800 is listed on line 70

Turbotax should capture the amount but it is always good to check.  Besides line 70, it is also listed in the program on the Deductions and Credits page under "Estimate and other taxes paid."  You can add it if it isn't already there.

Then it is included.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies