Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Shishrr

I accidentally upgraded, and I cant clear or start over,

I was trying to pay for the cheapest version, PLUS, so that I could simply download my return. I went to add a state, then selected Upgrade, and accidentally chose the Self-Employed option. It will not let me choose the PLUS option anymore, and if I go to download my return, it asks me to pay for the Self-Employed version. I cannot select "Clear and start over", it just brings up a popup that says I can't. The only way I can even see the clear and start over option is if I go to "add a state". This is very poor web design. Please just allow me to select the PLUS option so I can pay you guys $20 to send me MY information. Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I accidentally upgraded, and I cant clear or start over,

@ Shishrr 

This is a user community forum, but we can tell you what to do.

You didn't say what year return you are trying to acquire, but I'll assume you are asking about a prior-year return, since everyone still has free access to 2018 returns.

If you upgraded the 2018 return too far, it can only be cleared and started over if it has not been filed or paid for, or hasn't been already registered in Free Edition.

You didn't say if you have already filed your 2018 return or not.  I suspect you must have already filed the 2018 return, if it won't let you use "clear and start over."

In any case, if it says that you cannot use "clear and start over", then you'll have to phone TurboTax Support tell them you upgraded too far accidentally, and ask them to unlock the prior returns.   They may not even charge you.

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

There's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies