Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo Tax automatically put me into the free edition when I signed in to my account for 2018 and I will not qualify. I want to switch to Premier but do not see how.

This is an IRS rule not one TT made up they just have to follow it.
rosalou2

Turbo Tax automatically put me into the free edition when I signed in to my account for 2018 and I will not qualify. I want to switch to Premier but do not see how.

I've been struggling with this as well.  I didn't know there wouldn't be an upgrade option available and now I'm going to be stuck losing having all my info from over the years in one place.  The comments have been helpful, though.
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

First, be sure that you are using the same login information that you used last year and didn't set up a brand new account.

You can try to find other User ID's that you have used in TurboTax by following these instructions:

• First, sign out of your account (otherwise, you'll be thrown into a loop in step 2).
  • Go to our Get help signing in to your account page, enter your email address, then continue.
  • Check your inbox for a Your TurboTax Account email from do_not_reply@intuit.com, which will list all Intuit accounts tied to that email address.
  • Repeat these steps for any other email addresses you may have.

If you have multiple TurboTax accounts, you should pick one and stick with it when you do future tax returns. 

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for instructions on how to upgrade to a higher version of TurboTax.  

If you still have difficulties, please comment below so that I can assist you further. 

[Edited 02.18.2019| 4:53PM]

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3335307

Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

@alanpasetsky Please see edited answer above.

I absolutely used the
Same log in info. All of
My info from last year was there. There is no upgrade option on my screen. I even put in info so thst I couldn’t be eligible to file for free and it them said I can’t and should go to IRS website for other free options, none of which I could qualify for.
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Please check out this TT FAQ to see if any of these scenarios apply to you: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2896514-why-don-t-i-see-the-upgrade-option-in-turbotax-online">htt...>

I tried these and still nothing. I even tried
Accessing using the app from my Mobile device And it said it won’t work because the app does not work with the free option.

Try logging in from a full computer.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies