nafeainc

How would someone get their return today having claimed Child Tax Credit and Head of Household?

My cousin filed a day after me and we both filed adding our kids and filed as head of household. I thought the new law PATH, prevented the IRS from sending refunds before Feb 15th? I paid the same amount to TurboTax, as he did so I'd like an explanation please

The Child Tax Credit is not subject to the delay. The Additional Child Tax Credit is, as is EIC ..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2017/02/01/irs-addresses-top-tax-refund-myths-as-tax-se...

nafeainc

That's the thing he did both of them and got his return today?
nafeainc

He filed for the EIC and ACTC and got his return today. How is that possible?