turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nafeainc

How would someone get their return today having claimed Child Tax Credit and Head of Household?

My cousin filed a day after me and we both filed adding our kids and filed as head of household. I thought the new law PATH, prevented the IRS from sending refunds before Feb 15th? I paid the same amount to TurboTax, as he did so I'd like an explanation please
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How would someone get their return today having claimed Child Tax Credit and Head of Household?

The Child Tax Credit is not subject to the delay. The Additional Child Tax Credit is, as is EIC ..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2017/02/01/irs-addresses-top-tax-refund-myths-as-tax-se...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The Child Tax Credit is not subject to the delay. The Additional Child Tax Credit is, as is EIC ..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2017/02/01/irs-addresses-top-tax-refund-myths-as-tax-se...

nafeainc

That's the thing he did both of them and got his return today?
nafeainc

He filed for the EIC and ACTC and got his return today. How is that possible?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies