The program must think that you owe money and need to pay. If you owe more than $1,000 the IRS starts adding penalties. You can:
1. go to Other Tax Situations
2. scroll down to Form W-4 and estimated taxes
3. Adjust how much tax you pay -
- select yes and you can get help with filling out your W4 so you don't owe again.
- or select No
4. Estimated Taxes for 2020 - select NO Estimates
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I was able to reset W4 form based on recommendations. BUT in order to review the documents and file I'm being asked to pay AGAIN. I paid $80 January 25 (40 for deluxe federal and 40 for state) Why on earth am I asked to pay again?????
1st your product shared me $80 to view the forms that turned out to be incorrect. So after paying the money I could not edit anything and could not file INCORRECT forms.
Now I went back, followed your instructions and I CANNOT see the new forms (don't know if those are correct) unless I pay $40 ... what is going on??? who can fix this mess??? why can't I see the forms and why are you asking me to pay more? I have not been able to file anything!