turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

robal
Returning Member

How to get rid of 2020 estimated tax vouches and calculations. my employer does biweekly withholdings.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

How to get rid of 2020 estimated tax vouches and calculations. my employer does biweekly withholdings.

The program must think that you owe money and need to pay. If you owe more than $1,000 the IRS starts adding penalties. You can:

1. go to Other Tax Situations

2. scroll down to Form W-4 and estimated taxes

3. Adjust how much tax you pay -

• select yes and you can get help with filling out your W4 so you don't owe again.
  • or select No

4. Estimated Taxes for 2020 - select NO Estimates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
robal
Returning Member

I was able to reset W4 form based on recommendations. BUT in order to review the documents and file I'm being asked to pay AGAIN. I paid $80 January 25 (40 for deluxe federal  and 40 for state) Why on earth am I asked to pay again?????

robal
Returning Member

1st your product shared me $80 to view the forms that turned out to be incorrect. So after paying the money I could not edit anything and could not file INCORRECT forms. 

Now I went back, followed your instructions and I CANNOT see the new forms (don't know if those are correct) unless I pay $40 ... what is going on??? who can fix this mess??? why can't I see the forms and why are you asking me to pay more? I have not been able to file anything!

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can just ignore the estimated tax vouchers, they are not submitted with your return. 

robal
Returning Member

well this no longer matter beaus now I'm being asked to pay another $40 to file. they changed me 40 for state and 40 for federal on 1/26 and today want to change me again

robal
Returning Member

and why are they generating those vouchers if they are now needed?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies