Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to file Tax without 1099-B , Employer only given statements of Buy and Sell of employee stocks

Hi,

I am using TurboTax 2021-Primier version. I am looking advise how I can file Stock sell in investment income. My Employee- Stock Management company only given statement and sent mail 

Please be advised that Shareworks by Morgan Stanley will not be issuing 1099-B Forms for the tax year ending 2021. To obtain the relevant information needed for your tax filing, including the cost-basis information, you can extract the required information using the statement functionality within your Account.

Appreciate if  advise how i can do tax filing with statements. 

Thanks and Regards

Mamun

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AamilD
Expert Alumni

How to file Tax without 1099-B , Employer only given statements of Buy and Sell of employee stocks

You can still report that without having a 1099-B. Please follow the steps below:

1. Click on Tax Home from Left Side Menu.
  2. Click on Wages & Income from the main screen.
  3. Scroll down to Investment Income Section and click on the First Option which is for Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual, Bonds, Other. 
  4. Click on Yes when it asks you if you sold any investments.
  5. Then Select Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds and continue ahead. 
  6. On the screen where it asks you to import your tax info, scroll down and click on "I'll type it myself" . Enter the brokerage name and the Account Number and EIN Number if available. Then answer the questions accordingly. 
  7. Then it will start asking you information about the sales and under the Sales Section you can mention you did not receive a 1099-B Form from the drop down menu. See image below for further reference. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AamilD
Expert Alumni

You can still report that without having a 1099-B. Please follow the steps below:

1. Click on Tax Home from Left Side Menu.
  2. Click on Wages & Income from the main screen.
  3. Scroll down to Investment Income Section and click on the First Option which is for Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual, Bonds, Other. 
  4. Click on Yes when it asks you if you sold any investments.
  5. Then Select Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds and continue ahead. 
  6. On the screen where it asks you to import your tax info, scroll down and click on "I'll type it myself" . Enter the brokerage name and the Account Number and EIN Number if available. Then answer the questions accordingly. 
  7. Then it will start asking you information about the sales and under the Sales Section you can mention you did not receive a 1099-B Form from the drop down menu. See image below for further reference. 

Thank you very much for your kind reply . My apologies for late reply due to some on going issues. I will start again my refund work , will bother you my great community  fellow members like you. Have a great weekend.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies